Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Where's Fluffy?"

    Hiya!
Happy Wednesday! I figured since I had shared some of my musical tastes with you on Monday, I should share some movies as well. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm an assorted conglomeration of a person.
Some of my personal taste surprises people but I can't help what I like.. right?! 
Ok. Enough blabbering. We shall get to the movies.

1//Pride & Prejudice 2//Toy Story 3//A Streetcar Named Desire 4//The Notebook 5//Star Wars 6//The Crow 7//Empire Records 8//Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist 9//Clue 10//Oliver and Company 11//Beauty and the Beast

I have to say that this list was pretty hard to compile. This is honestly just a fraction of the movies that I love but are some of the most watched by me for sure. The size of the picture also has no bearing on how much I love a movie it's just how I made the collage. Well, except for Star Wars, that should have a whole picture to itself. Either way, let me tell you why I love each of them so.

1//Pride & Prejudice-- I read the book in high school and fell in love with it. I didn't have a very high expectation for this movie because I loved the made for TV movie, that came out in 1995, by the BBC. I was oh, so wrong. They capture the emotion of the characters so well. Keira Knightley was even nominated for an Oscar because of it! A really good watch.

2//Toy Story-- This movie and all of the sequels are so good. They just take me back to childhood.When I was younger, I made beds next to me for all my stuffed animals. After seeing this movie for the first time I was like, yes! they are real! haha.

3//A Streetcar Named Desire-- I read the play in college and then found out there was a movie with Marlon Brando.. ummm sign me up! It follows the play almost exactly, which is what I love about it! Deals with psychological struggles of a woman named Blanche and how her realities are different from the world around her. She interacts with her sister and brother-in-law and chaos ensues.

4//The Notebook-- I know, I know.. I'm such a girl! I had to... I can seriously quote this movie from beginning to end. It makes me cry from the very beginning, I'm so lame. It's just such a good love story.

5//Star Wars-- My one true nerdy love. What can you say about these epic movies really? They're just amazing. The end.

6//The Crow-- Weird choice. I know. I've always had a fascination with death. This movie has it all death, love, the supernatural, and action. The main character is a batman or sorts that comes back to avenge his and his fiance's death. If you haven't seen, it check it out.

7//Empire Records-- This is another movie I can quote along to. It's about a couple of teenagers trying to save their mom & pop record store from becoming a big, corporate music store. It has teenage angst, love, heartache, and hello.. music!

8//Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist-- I watch this movie a couple of times a month. I love everything having to do with Kat Dennings (she's such a babe!). It's about, primarily, two teenagers and the night they have in NYC. I want one of those nights! I love music so much! This whole post is named after this flick, FYI.

9//Clue-- Murder mystery that's based on the game. I love the game and this movie is awesome! It's also quite cheesy, in my opinion, which only makes it better.

10//Oliver and Company-- AH! The cutest movie ever.. About the bond of a dog and a cat in NYC. It's seriously one of the most underrated Disney movies ever!

11//Beauty and the Beast--Pretty sure everyone has seen this one.. but it's always a feel good romance. I know they're cartoons people! So what? I love the beast.. and honestly was more attracted to him as the beast than him as the prince. meh.


Hope you all enjoyed these!
Are any of these your favorites? Let me know!

With all my love,

Pati






2 comments:

  1. You have some awesome taste in movies! I love the variety.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was going to send you an email but I don't have yours :( if you get a chance, I'd love for you to email me at theantiquarianmiss@gmail.com

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It totally makes my day a little better when you do!