Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Somber Times

love one another nebulainbloom blog
Hello!
So last week was SXSW in this great city that I live in. The entire city was taken over by hoards of people. That's seriously not an exaggeration. There were thousands upon thousands of people in Austin last week. In case you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about it's a music festival. It goes on for pretty much an entire week and causes chaos in the city.
Bob and I both took days off of work to go and partake in the madness. Unfortunately it just wasn't for us. After a day and a half of walking around for miles we said forget it.
I don't know how I'm going to sound to some of you when I say that we go to too many shows on a weekly basis that it just wasn't enjoyable to us. I'm not trying to sound like a music snob.
There were just wayyyyyy too many people. 
I'm not down for waiting to see an act play for three hours because i'm scared I won't get in otherwise.
Downtown was just insane. It did a number to the city.
It was completely trashed. This made me super sad.
On top of all the craziness there was a horrible tragedy.
I don't know if you've heard but a drunken idiot drove the wrong way down a one way,  then through a barricade, killing three people and injuring something like 23.
The scariest thing about the whole thing was that we were THERE. At the venue everything happened in front of no more than 15 minutes before the whole ordeal.
I got the worst feeling of the hebejeebeez when I found out about the accident. We had been taking the bus downtown because who wants to drive and then pay $40 for a parking spot? Not us, that's for sure.
I sat down on the bus, refreshed twitter, and saw the news.
I could not stop hitting refresh to see what someone else on my feed would say.
Thankfully no one i know got hurt but so many others did.
It's insane to me to think that this would happen so close to home. At home, really.
I don't know. It was an one off accident but that doesn't stop the bad taste in my mouth from the whole thing. 
Just wanted to write my thoughts about the whole topic. It's been a week and every time I think about it, it makes me feel really uneasy. It could've been me.
Makes you put everyone you love into perspective.
Hug that person next to you. Make sure you don't take them for granted. 

With all my love,
Pati

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! It totally makes my day a little better when you do!